Some of the stuff you’ve asked about
Direct Primary Care is a model where instead of our physicians accepting insurance plans, a membership fee is paid by the patient. As a result, our practice limits the number of patients seen per physician and is able to give each patient the time and attention they deserve. Having fewer patients per physician also means a more flexible schedule and allows for same or next day appointments and access 24/7 via our HIPAA compliant communication app (because sometimes it’s just a quick question!).
Since primary care physicians in a direct primary care model have more quality time to spend with patients, they manage chronic care and can treat the majority of patients’ needs. Chronic diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, hypothyroidism among others can all be managed in Primary Care and consulted with a specialist as necessary.
At the time of your initial visit, you will be assigned a Primary Care Physician. All of our physicians are trained in primary care, so in the case that your physician is unable to see you in a time of need, another physician may see you. In general, your care will remain under the same physician as much as possible so they can manage your case holistically and develop a therapeutic relationship with you over time.
Your primary care specialist at Pravan Clinic will make a full assessment of your current condition, agree on the best course of action and process e-prescriptions and medication refills at your pharmacy of choice (in Puerto Rico or the United States). You may take advantage of $20 medication delivery service in the metro area. In addition, your health insurance plan can be used to cover the cost of your medications.
- Pravan Health has built a network of health and wellness professionals that strives to prevent disease in order to keep you healthy. This is the opposite of the current healthcare system, which traditionally provides care when you are sick.
- You will have access to our primary care team right when you need it. You won’t have to wait weeks to get an appointment and we’ll see you at the scheduled time, so no more wasted days in a waiting room.
- We take the time to listen, to evaluate and to understand your complete health profile in order to develop a personalized care plan for you to follow and live your healthiest and happiest life.
- We will know your name and history, and work closely with you and our specialist network to achieve your health and wellness goals.
- We offer comprehensive prevention services like an initial medical evaluation with plenty of time to get to know you (think 2.5+ hours!), unlimited nutrition visits, and technology that allows you to communicate with our primary care team 24/7. None of this is currently offered by any health plans.
- We’re currently offering annual memberships for individuals, commuters who are non-residents of Puerto Rico and corporations may contact us for bulk rates.
- We offer a long-term medical partnership where our primary care team takes the time to understand and take care of all of your health needs.
- Membership fees allows us to run an unparalleled concierge medicine practice offering personalized care, no wait times, 24/7 communication, and superior and coordinated access to top physicians on the Island.
- The fee enables our doctors to have a limited number of patients and to be available for our clients on their schedule.
- And you should! Pravan Clinic works independently of your existing insurance, but your membership will cover many of the services that we offer.
- Additionally, your health plan should cover services from our specialist network and is useful in the event that you require a test, treatment, or procedure beyond what the membership covers.
- On top of your membership, our clinic offers a wide-range of fee-based services that might be of interest to you, and whose cost you will always know beforehand.
- The Pravan membership is designed to be an excellent complement to your existing health insurance. It will provide you with a more accessible, expedited and personalized healthcare experience.
- We recommend our members carry a health insurance plan that will cover major medical procedures, hospitalizations, labs, imaging, medications and specialist treatment.
- Visit our membership page, call us at 787.339.2639, or stop by Pravan Clinic in Ciudadela in Santurce during our business hours which are 8:30am-6pm Monday-Friday and made flexible to accomodate the needs of our members.
- After signing up, you’ll connect with Pravan through our HIPPA-compliant (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) messaging app, where you can communicate with our team and complete a health questionnaire. Afterwards, lab tests will be performed by a lab technician at your home, office or at a clinic near you. The results of the tests combined with your questionnaire will allow your primary care specialist to review your case prior to your first appointment at the clinic.
- Watch this video for a more detailed overview.
- The visit will include around three hours of quality time with your primary care doctor, and includes diagnostic testing to record the electrical conduction of your heart, measure your lung function and a bioelectrical impedance analysis to assess your body composition.
- A lot! Your initial visit is just the start of your journey to better health and quality of life. After your first visit to the clinic, you will be asked to share a 3 day food intake via our app so our nutritionist can prepare for your initial visit. A personalized plan developed by your primary care specialist will be shared with you. Together, we will continue working towards your health goals through regular visits and consultations with your nutritionist.
- We have fee-for-service offerings that are not covered by your membership, but we will always request your approval beforehand.
- Vitamin and mineral IV drips for different health needs. These drips are priced between $150 and $200 depending on the cocktail.
- $20 medication delivery in the metro area.
- Urgent care services
- Medical cannabis evaluation, whose cost is $100 for members.
- Pravan doctors are handpicked top healthcare professionals from all over Puerto Rico.
- Our primary care specialist is comprised of:
- There are many conditions that can be treated in primary care at Pravan Clinic. In the case you do need to see a specialist outside of the clinic, we can send a referral to one of our partner specialists or the current specialists you already have an established relationship with.
- Compared to the traditional healthcare system, our doctors focus on a smaller number of patients, allowing for almost no wait time, next-day appointments and quality time with your primary care specialist.
- Additionally, medical assistance is available 24 hours through video chat, phone, email, or at our urgent care facility. . . or you could opt for the doctor to visit your home or office.
- Our members have repeatedly mentioned how a visit to Pravan Clinic is a medical experience like no other. Our space is an oasis of zen within the hecticness of our daily lives. From the moment you walk into our no-wait waiting area you can take a moment to find peace while enjoying a calming tea.
- With the guidance of our nurses, primary care specialists and nutritionist, you will explore your body, understand the whys and develop a better grasp of your health, which will allow you to focus on wellness and prevention.
- Visits that are not used will not rollover to the following year, however, our membership and the number of visits included was designed to give you plenty of access and quality time with your doctor throughout the year.
- In the case you use all 12 of your annual visits, you may purchase additional ‘New Issues’ or ‘Follow-Up Visits’ for $150 each.
- Visits have to be used up during each membership year and will not rollover
- Every yearly renewal will get you a comprehensive medical evaluation and a new package of 5 extended and 5 follow-up visits
- Pravan Health has developed partnerships with certain specialists in Puerto Rico who collaborate with our medical team.
- While we would love to have our own network of Pravan Specialists who practice ‘the Pravan way,’ at this time we do not have control of the environment, wait times, office fees or deductibles inquired at a specialist office outside of Pravan.
- LEARN MORE about the specialties we collaborate with.
Your care coordination team will contact the specialist office to begin the appointment scheduling process. In some cases, we will coordinate the appointment for you, and in others the specialist office will contact you directly to schedule the appointment.
We always advise our members to ask the specialist’s office if there is any preparation required for the appointment or any deductibles that will need to be paid.
If you already are established with a specialist and would like to continue your care there, your Pravan physician can communicate with your specialist about your health information as needed.
Your care coordination team will communicate with the specialist office to help schedule an appointment.
- Coordinated care is key at Pravan. The norm is for patients to visit specialists who don’t communicate with each other, resulting in an inefficient and fragmented healthcare system. At Pravan, your primary care specialist will share critical data as necessary and make the results available to you via our HIPAA Compliant Patient Communication App.
- Your health insurance plan complements your Pravan Membership. In the case you need a specialist referral, you can use your health insurance plan for services rendered at their office. We have a few specialists that operate under a concierge model to provide a service with better access and lower wait times; these prices will be transparent prior to the appointment so you can decide if you would like to pursue this option.
- An emergency is when there is a life-threatening situation. Urgent care is when the symptoms need to be treated in a timely manner (sprained ankle, flu, minor cuts or burns), but are not life-threatening.
- If your sudden illness or injury is something you would normally feel comfortable addressing with your primary care doctor, then an urgent care setting is probably more appropriate than the emergency room.
- See the list of symptoms and conditions we treat and for other issues, please call 911 right away.
- Urgent care is fee-for-service according to this price schedule.
- The cost of urgent care will depend on the complexity of the case, time of day when the event happens, and whether you are able to come to the clinic or if Pravan comes to you.
- If you are a member and need urgent care during business hours (8am-6pm Monday-Friday), one of the 5 ‘New Issue’ visits included in your membership can be used in place of the usual urgent care visit fee.
- The advantage of using Pravan Health Urgent Care Services is avoiding a crowded and unpleasant environment of a hospital waiting room and eliminating the often extended wait times that may result in a worsening condition if not attended to in a timely manner. In addition, the waiting room is full of ill patients which may put you and your loved ones at a greater risk of getting sicker.
- Picture this: It’s 3am, you are feeling sick and need some advice. You call Pravan via our secure app and a Pravan physician will answer the phone or call you back shortly. They can provide support via telemedicine to determine whether it is an emergency and you need to go to an emergency room or if it is urgent and you can come to the clinic the next day. In some cases, urgent care can be treated via telemedicine only and you won’t need to see a physician in person.
- If this event happened during our open hours, the cost would be less and you may be able to use one of your ‘New Issue’ visits from your membership. If the Pravan team goes to you, the cost would be more. At the end, pricing will always be reasonable and to avoid surprises, we have a transparent Urgent Care Services Pricing Schedule.
- If you are a member or calling on behalf of someone who needs urgent care services, please call the clinic at 787-339-2639 and press ‘1’ for Urgent Care Services and ‘1’ again to accept fees that may apply.
- In the case of a home visit, a Pravan physician will go to your home. Depending on their assessment, they will determine if it is necessary to be accompanied by a nurse.
- Urgent care is available for up to 5 members’ friends and family throughout the duration of the annual membership. For example, if your friend was in town and had a urgent situation, they would have access to Urgent Care Services on your behalf.
- If you need to go to the emergency room, we at Pravan Clinic may be able to help with the emergency room process and direct your care. If a Pravan physician is available and you desire they accompany you to the hospital, there will be a fee of $200/hour.
- However, starting with the physician in the emergency room and extending to the hospitalists if you are admitted, we will call the people in charge of your care to make sure they are aware of your medical background, to double check the plan, and to advocate for you, in general.
- For every Pravan member, the physician will order a basic lab panel including Complete Blood Count (CBC), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP), Lipid Panel (measures total cholesterol, triglyceride levels, HDL and LDL cholesterol) and Urinalysis (detects and/or measures several substances in the urine for normal or abnormal values).
- The basic lab panel will have no cost to you.
- If you do not have health insurance, Pravan Health will cover the cost of the labs including deductible.
- If you do have a health insurance plan, it will cover the basic lab panel and your physician may ask if you would like to complete additional advanced lab testing. This advanced testing would be covered by your plan in order to have a more complete picture of your health when you come for the initial visit.
- Your doctor may recommend more advanced diagnostic tests or additional labs depending on your condition, and these may or may not be covered by your health insurance.
- Some advanced tests that our members are doing to better understand their health include the following:
- LPP Plus
- Micronutrient Testing
- 96 Comprehensive Food Panel
- Free Testosterone
- 23&Me Genetic Testing
- Stool Testing
- Your physician can explain advanced testing that may be right for you and the care coordination team can explore whether your health insurance plan covers the test.
- Pravan’s care coordination team will help set up the lab draw, and one of our lab partners will go to your home or office and they can also come to Pravan Clinic to obtain the blood sample.
- We will receive the results on your behalf and let you know when it is time to come to the clinic for your initial visit or review them with your physician in the case of follow-up labs.
- There is no additional cost for home or office visits.
Wellness is the state of being in good health, and is an active process.
Our wellness services continue to expand on a monthly basis. Currently we offer neurofeedback, acupuncture, IV Drips, craniosacral therapy, massage therapy, medical cannabis licensing, supplements, acupuncture and wellness coaching to support the wellness of our members.
- Healthy eating is a vital component of wellness. Whether you’re in great shape or dealing with significant health issues, nutritional choices can reduce the risk of everything from heart disease and diabetes to obesity and osteoporosis.
- Nutrition services are not only included in the annual membership, but visits with our nutritionist are UNLIMITED! That means you can text a picture of your plate for feedback, video call and visit our full-time nutritionist in person at the clinic as many times as you need throughout the duration of your membership.
- Nutrition is such an important pillar of health that we did not want to limit access to our members.
- There is a full-time nutritionist on-site at Pravan Clinic. You can schedule as many in-person consults as necessary on your health and wellness journey. In addition, using our HIPAA compliant patient communications app, you can text or video call your nutritionist if more convenient.
- Services include an evaluation of your food intake (you send us pictures of what you eat and drink for three days!), discussion of your lab results and any advanced testing results, personalized short and long term goal setting, tips and tricks, resources like example meal plans, recipes, a supermarket tour to learn how to shop healthier and a lot of education!
- We believe that knowledge is power, which is why we spend less time telling you what to do and more time educating and empowering you to make better choices at mealtime.
- We do not recommend one single plan or provide standard nutrition plans to our members.
- Our nutritional focus is based on a eating a balanced diet (a balanced between carbohydrates, proteins and fats) and eating high quality foods, which are sources of nutrients the body needs to function properly.
- Our nutritionist will developed a customized food plan depending on lab results (food sensitivities, vitamins and minerals deficiencies, etc.), your individual clinical diagnosis and likes and dislikes.
- You’ll find art in every corner of Pravan Clinic; from the wall-sized neon sculpture designed by Olivia Steele that welcomes you in the reception area to an itinerant collection of pieces curated by the best local galleries.
- Art is a way to actively meditate; to be present and experience the here and now. Through collaborative art experiences, we connect with others and experience the healing potential of creativity and community.